The speaker of the SP is its weakest point. I binned the original one and replaced it with something bit beefier. Add some hot glue to the mix and worry no more.
For the sound to come out I drilled some holes to the top part of the cabinet. The speaker is glued directly under these holes. I was thinking on painting the holes black but in the end the color of the wood on them gave a nice contrast and I left them like this.
Just a random on/off switch that I happened to find from my collection of misc. parts.
The back door is held in place by friction alone. I didn't want to bolt on a handle to the cabinet so I drilled two holes to the lower part of the panel and tied a piece of rubber band between them. With this I can pull the panel off with ease.
The charging mechanism in SP is a bit idiotic in my opinion. It can not charge itself while you are playing with it. You either play or charge. I tried to find a way around this but wasn't able to find the correct solder spots. In the end I decided to replace the battery with something beefier. The original one is a 1S Li-Ion battery and I happened to have a similar one with double the capacity.
I wanted to make the cabined as small as possible. I measured the PCB and that is the way the inner dimension came to life. Anything beyond that measure will have to go. In this case the volume pot. Just max out the volume before you cut and you're golden.
Everything hooked up and working. One can change the game cartridge and also hook up the charging cable etc.
And here is how I soldered the buttons to the motherboard. Nothing speacial here, just some multimeter magic.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9|