Putting it all together
Jesper from the Jelu made sure that the driver board sits completely under the screen. This saves a lot of space and enables the screen to be embedded almost everywhere.
Almost ready to put the parts together
From here we can see the three main components that make up the mouse. The base that houses the electronics, middle section that now have the screen and the cover with beautiful color and a new window.
Perhaps I was working bit too fast to complete the mod and had a small accident. When masking the white areas around the screen with tape, I slipped my surgery knife and cut the flexible circuit board. This meant that I had a dead screen in my hands. Driver board still worked ok so I needed to order in a replacement for the 6610 LCD screen. After couple of days I received a package from Jesper and off we go again.
This was a good reminder on how one can mess things up if trying to complete something too fast. I had tested everything so that they work but still had some little details to finish but in the end these "little details" ended up ruining the screen. Hopefully I learned a valuable lesson and do this kind of mistakes any more.
Ready to be sold ;)
I personally love the color of the mouse. Turned out to be the best paint job that I've ever done. Parallel port connector's housing was originally gray so I had to paint it with vinyl paint that bonds itself with the plastic, giving it a long lasting coat.
From this image you can also see the curved window. Because of its shape, it was a nightmare
to try to take good quality photographs throught it but hopefully the images on the next page make the LCD screen at least some justice.
I didn't want to change the coloring of the orange highlights in any way. I believe blue and orange work just great in this mod. If my airbrushing skills were any better I might have tried to add something extra to the cover but I don't think it really needs anything. "Less is more" like some people like to refer.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7|