I'm not much of a planner, at least I do not like to put plans on paper or design everything 100 % ready on the computer either. This paper is actually the shopping list for most of the wood parts that the machine needed.
The material is 9 mm thick baltic birch plywood. I wanted to use mdf as it would have had a smooth surface (no need for filler etc.) but the lumber yard didn't have enough of that stuff. So, I had to revert back to plywood and relive the horrors from MetkuMame on trying to get smooth surface finish after painting.
Here is another shopping list for the glass and some missing panels. The glass is just regular window glass. 6 mm thick. I would have liked to use treated glass but it would have taken several weeks for the shop to do this for me and once they heard what the glass was for the assured me that it would not break up in normal use.
Joining the first pieces
First wood panels glued. I used screws in MetkuMame but this time I decided to go for glue-only method. This was also the moment when I started to realize how big the machine would end up being.
Front panel being made. The opening is for maintenance access and to sunk the front buttons deeper so the gamer doesn't accidentially press them while playing.
Overhead router made good work on rounding the edges.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14|