Like the Sonata Elite, also the Fusion Remote Max is an updated version of a case we've already reviewed once before. While the Sonata Elite still followed the footprints of its predecessors, the Fusion Max goes a bit further and the internal layout is redone to take full-size ATX motherboards. There should be some other all new features under the bonnet as well, so lets dive in.
The Fusion comes in a mainly light-colored box with some black and purple parts to add some color. Straight from the beginning it's clear that the Remote Max is the original Fusion's bigger brother and both the weight and the size of the box are rather impressive.Features:
- Included:Deluxe 56-button remote control and iMEDIAN HD by iMON software for media management and playback
- Aluminum plate front bezel with Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), built-in IR receiver and volume control to work with media center applications
- Triple chamber structure to separate the power supply, hard drives and motherboard for cooler and quieter operation
- Removable HDD brackets with extra soft silicon grommets to reduce vibrational noise
5 Drive Bays
- External 1 x 5.25"
- Internal 4 x 3.5"
- 7 Expansion slots
- Desktop 4U height fits in any environment
- Built-in washable air filters
- 1 side 140mm TriCool™ fan
- 1 rear 120 mm TriCool™ fan
- 1 front 120 mm fan mount to cool the graphic cards (optional)
- Air guide brings fresh air to the CPU Cooler
Motherboard: standard ATX Form Factor
(12" x 9.6" or 30.5cm x 24.5cm)
- Front-mounted USB 2.0, FireWire, eSATA and audio in/out ports
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel for exceptional durability
• 7.5"(H) x 17.5"(W) x 17.8"(D)
• 19.05cm(H) x 44.45cm(W) x 45.21cm(D)
- Net Weight: 19.6 lbs / 8.9 kg
Gross Weight: 24 lbs / 10.9 kg
The bundle contains the usual stuff including manual, scews and re-usable cable ties, but also some HTPC-specialities like the very, very inconvenient power adapter for the front LCD and a remote controller. There are also some air guides similar to those on the original Fusion, a bracket that can be used to provide extra fan holder and doubles as a card support and also some King Kong -branded batteries for the remote.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4|