Antec showed the Skeleton for the first time a while back as a prototype, and they received so much good feedback from it, they decided to put it into production. Skeleton really is something new in Antec's catalog. They call it an Open Air Case and it is aimed at the enthusiast market. The case has an unique design, which is designed to give lots of airflow onto the motherboard area in addition to making changing components a walk in the park. Atleast on paper the Skeleton looks great, but how does it perform in real-life?
Yes, I know its a box, but it does differ some what from the ordinary packages that we've seen with cases earlier. Instead of a high and narrow box, the box is just about a cube. Lets see what we find in the box...
Here's what I found in the package. The chassis, an additional 92mm fan to cool down the harddisks, 4 harddisk brackets, and the ordinary screws. Missing from this picture is the short manual that shows how to pull out the tray.
- 4 Drive Bays
• External 2 x 5.25”
• Internal 2 x 3.5”
• Optional 4 x 3.5” side panel mounted drive trays
- Layered tray design for greater system integration flexibility
- 8 Expansion Slots with room for 11” graphics cards and multiple graphic card solutions, including NVIDIA 3-way SLI®
- Cooling System:
• 1 top 250mm TriCool 3-speed multi color customizable LED Fan
• 1 front 92mm HD cooling fan
- Motherboard: Supports StandardATX, MicroATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
- Front ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x FireWire (IEEE1394), 1 x eSATA, Audio (AC97’ and HDA compatible) In and Out
- Rack mount quality side rails for greater durability
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel component tray and high density ABS frame reinforced with with 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability
- No Power Supply included: To optimize performance of your Skeleton, your choice of power supply is crucial. Antec strongly recommends choosing from Signature or TruePower series.
- Unit Dimensions:
• 13”(H) x 14.8”(W) x 16.5”(D)
• 33 cm(H) x 37.6 cm(W) x 41.9 cm(D)
- Packaging Dimensions:
• 15.74"(H) x 18.11"(W) x 18.89"(D)
• 40 cm(H) x 46 cm(W) x 48 cm(D)
- Net Weight: 15.5 lb / 7.02 kg
- Gross Weight: 21.4 lb / 9.7 kg
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5|