It's not often that we see a completely new manufacturer enter the PC-market, but this time this is the case, as we take part in Phanteks' world premiere in CPU-cooling. The manufacturer sent us samples of their new CPU-coolers and with no earlier experience of the brand it's even more exciting than usual to find out how the newcomers perform.
Package & Specifications
- Without fans: 134x140x160 mm
- With fans: 159x140x171 mm
- Weight: 970 g without fans, 1100 g with one and 1250 g with two fans
- Compatibility: LGA 1155, LGA 1156, LGA 1366, LGA 775, AM2/2+, AM3
- Base: copper
- Fins: aluminum with pantented P.A.T.S (physical anti-oxidant thermal shield) to increase cooling performance and C.P.S.C (cold plasma spraying technology) to enhance thermal conductivity
- Heat pipes: 5x8 mm
- 2xPH-140 included, clips and accessories for third fan included
- UFB bearing (updraft floating balance)
- 9 blades fan design with MVB (Maelström vortex booster)
- 12 V 0,15 A (1,8 W)
- 1200/900 RPM, 78,1/60,1 CFM, 19/15,2 dBA (standard / with Q.S.A)
- 5 year warranty
The cooler comes carefully packed in reasonable sized cardboard box. Around the packaging there are some photos of the cooler and its different color choices, information about the technologies used in the cooler and ofcourse the full specifications. Really the only downside with the box is that the color of the cooler inside could be more clearly shown.
The specifications look similar to some other high performance air coolers we've reviewed, the heatsink alone weights almost a kilogram, comes with two fans and five heatpipes to move the heat from copper base to aluminum fins. Phanteks has used a lot of acronyms to improve the performance of the design, and we'll see later on how well it's worked.
To futher improve the high spec image left by the specification and packaging, the cooler comes with a whole pile of bundle. This kit not only includes the necessary mounting hardware to install the cooler to all the current CPU-sockets, but also plenty of soft mount rubber pieces for the fans, as well as a Q.S.A (quiet speed adapter) and Y-splitter for running the fans at a lower speed. To make the installation easier the mounting hardware is divided to separate bags according to the socket.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4|