Single case mods
.: All mods by owner...
| Story: |
I wanted to do something quick and easy so I took a 12 inch blue LED strip intended for a car, took it out of it's tube, and wired it into a molex connector.
The light had different flashing settings controlled by a switch, but I had no place to run a switch to on the computer. As a result, I soldered it into my reset button (Pic 1, the soldered wire, Pic 2, the Reset Button on the front)
Pic 3 show the case lit up with the blue bar - I wanted a low effect since I have two other cold cathodes in there (turned off for this pic) that light up the room.
Also, the cables are messy because I recently installed some temp gauges in the empty 5.25 bays (shown in Pic 4)
|Click the thumbnails for larger images.|
1. Only comments please. More technical questions etc. should be directed to MetkuMods forums.
2. Using vulgar or abusive language, cursing or swearing is prohibited! Lets try to keep this clean.
3. Comments in ENGLISH and FINNISH ONLY! Anything else will be deleted.
4. Unique or not, I like to see the mod. "Seen that" etc. posts will be deleted.
5. Comments that comment about other comments will get com... deleted!
People like different things so lets keep the comments professional and if possbile encouraging. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell what you really feel about the mod but usually that means more than one word.
|Oh yeah, and by the way, buy yourself some tiwraps (however they spell that stupid word), and redo the cables - they're a mess.|
|Well done! A pic of the case as a whole would be nice, since you only posted detail-shots. But i must say those temperature meters look really slick.|
|Don't like the temperature displays! Cool idea but too cheep!|
And they took a lot of space.
Do something with the cables...
|Yeah, it wasn't pleasing me all the way - so I mod'ed my mod - look for it coming up on here|
|that is quite cool but something missing there but don´t know|
what. it just looks unfinished.